The Digital Pedagogy Specialist (with focus on support) is directly responsible for adding value to the education Bucknell students receive. The specialist works directly with faculty in the application of technology by supporting technology solutions and projects that benefit student learning and faculty instruction. Additionally, this specialist will occasionally assist Classroom Technology Support to provide computer, networking and media technology assistance to members of the campus community. This position provides relevant instruction, outreach and support for teaching, learning and scholarship through the creative application and maintenance of technologies used in Bucknell labs and classrooms.
The Digital Pedagogy Specialist:
- Provides specialized instruction, guidance and support in specific areas, especially the University’s learning management system (currently Moodle)
- Assures that specific technology tools and solutions supporting faculty instruction are reliable, well-maintained and supported effectively
- Through active assessment and program review, assures work and contributions are meeting work group, organization and University goals
- Participates in outreach services, marketing and assessment program to improve services
- Occasional provides direct support in the labs and classrooms by installing and troubleshooting software and hardware,
- Helps develop accurate and concise documentation.
- maintains a deep knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and best practices in faculty outreach, instruction, information literacy/technology competency, multi-media production, web technologies, desktop tools and the wide variety of technology appliances
- Collaborates with faculty and Research Services librarians to inspire and support academic users of information resources and instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Assists in monitoring the use of the University’s computer and networking resources to meet the needs of the campus community
- As appropriate, leads or participates in key projects and strategic initiatives related to technology, outreach and student support